Businesses in the transportation industry encounter several risks. Goods may be damaged, destroyed or stolen during shipments, and your operation’s vehicles are vulnerable to various perils.
Securing a comprehensive insurance portfolio can help mitigate the financial losses that arise from these and other exposures. Our knowledgeable team can help you get the coverage you need. Contact us today for more information.
What Does Transportation Insurance Cover?
Policies vary, but coverage may be available for risks to property while it is transported over land, air or water, including during packing/unpacking and loading/unloading. Policies may also be available to cover hazards to the vehicles and vessels that transport them.
While each operation’s risk profile is different, several types of insurance may be available, including:
- Cargo insurance—This may cover cargo if it is stolen or damaged, or destroyed by covered events.
- Liability insurance—This may provide coverage for third-party injuries and property damage for which your business is responsible. It may also cover legal fees associated with such incidents. There are several types of liability insurance that offer different coverages, such as:
- Commercial general liability insurance
- Pollution liability insurance
- Cyber liability insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Business interruption insurance—This may cover lost income if a covered event forces you to cease your operations temporarily.
- Commercial auto insurance—This may cover your business-owned vehicles if they are in an accident or damaged by a covered cause of loss.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—This may provide financial assistance to employees if they are injured or become ill due to a work-related incident.
Other coverages may be available. Your agent can provide details on options, limits and exclusions.
Our team of professionals can help businesses in the transportation industry build a comprehensive insurance portfolio. Contact Elite Insurance Group today to get started.